- The 2003 NBA Draft is regarded as one of the best of all time.
- The first fives picks alone produced NBA legends like LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, and Dwyane Wade — some of the most successful players in NBA history.
- Like all drafts, it also produced busts who didn’t accomplish much in the NBA and fell out of the league quickly.
- Today, many players are still involved in basketball while some have moved on entirely.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The 2003 NBA Draft remains one of the most legendary drafts in NBA history.
Though it may lack the depth of the classic 1996 Kobe Bryant draft, it was among the most top-heavy we’ve ever seen: LeBron James went first, and the top five picks were rounded out by Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, and Dwyane Wade.
Of course, like all drafts, it also produced some famous busts, role players, and players who went into other fields after their playing days were over.
See what happened to the top 29 picks of the draft below:
Tony Manfred contributed to this report.