The Celtic Manor Resort in Newport, Wales, has been named the UK’s best family-friendly hotel thanks to its wide array of facilities.
The Welsh hotel topped a list compiled by The AA which rated hotels across the UK on a number of facilities and services including babysitting, cots, highchairs, children’s menus/portions, or listening services to give parents a night off.
The five-star Celtic Manor Resort impressed with its offerings for parents and children, not to mention that its location amidst 2,000 acres of parkland means that it has heaps of fun activities on offer for all ages – think the likes of archery, pitch and putt, swimming and forest nets.
There are also kids’ play areas as well as dedicated nannies to look after little ones so grown-ups can make use of the resort’s other facilities including the spa and fine dining restaurants.
Second place went to Bovey Castle in Devon, which boasts a breathtaking location within Dartmoor National Park.
The sprawling estate includes a golf course, luxury spa, and heaps of family activities including an archery range, 4×4 vehicle drives, deer park – including a feeding experience – and a Bovey Bears Den Club to keep the kids occupied.
The bronze medal went to Calcot in Gloucestershire, which impressed thanks to its picturesque Cotswolds location – ideal for a family who loves the outdoors – as well as its indoor and outdoor play areas, fun baking sessions for all ages and jam-packed activities programme during the school holidays.
Those wanting a family holiday in the UK may want to consider Devon as a destination; overall, outside of London it proved to have the highest number of family-friendly hotels, closely followed by North Yorkshire and Cumbria.
(If you’re after more inspiration, you may also want to check out our round-up of the UK’s best family-friendly destinations where you don’t need a big budget).
You can check out the full list of the 17 best family-friendly hotels below…
Best family-friendly hotels in the UK
- The Celtic Manor Resort , Newport, Wales
- Bovey Castle , Newton Abbott, Devon
- Calcot , Tetbury, Gloucestershire
- Chewton Glen , New Milton, Hampshire
- The Fish , Broadway, Worcestershire
- Trefeddian Hotel , Gwynedd, Wales
- Bedruthan Hotel and Spa , Mawgan Porth, Cornwall
- The Grove , Hertfordshire
- Stoke Park , Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire
- Rockliffe Hall , Darlington, County Durham
- The Gleneagles Hotel , Perth & Kinross, Scotland
- The Vale Resort , Vale of Glamorgan, Wales
- Four Seasons Hotel , Hampshire
- Moonfleet Manor Hote l, Dorset
- Woolley Grange Hotel , Wiltshire
- The Ickworth , Suffolk
- Fowey Hall , Cornwall