- The best athleisure brands in the business are saving people the world over from wearing sweatpants every day of their lives.
- With the right shirts and pants from our favorite athleisure purveyors, being comfortable and looking presentable no longer have to be mutually exclusive.
- Nike‘s dependability, price, generally inclusive styling and sizes, and athlete-backed products make it the best overall athleisure brand.
Over the past few years, athleisure has been one of the quickest growing categories in clothing, but now it’s more popular than ever, and for good reason.
Drawing cues from true performance athletic wear and cozier loungewear styles, athleisure fills the gap between the two categories, which makes it some of the most versatile clothes you can own and wear.
In today’s world, people are more concerned with dressing comfortably for whatever is going in their lives, rather than dressing to the T — and athleisure usually checks off all their boxes.
Whether you’re shopping for clothing that’s stylish enough for Zoom meetings yet comfortable enough for sitting on your couch, or you want clothes that you can wear to work out in before running errands and grabbing lunch, athleisure has you covered for it all.
Think of it as the easiest way to get dressed for daily life without having to put much thought and effort into it. No longer will you have to choose between form and function when it comes to your clothes.
When looking for great athleisure clothes, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Comfort: Above all, the hallmark of great athleisure is comfort. If you don’t want to sleep in these clothes, then they’re not worth your time.
- Performance: You’ll also want to keep the athletic abilities of these clothes top of mind. Some of my favorite athleisure brands are, first and foremost, athletic wear companies. That means that their apparel is performance-ready, capable of wicking sweat, drying quickly, all while keeping you looking sharp. The combination of form and function is what you ought to be looking for from a great athleisure brand.
- Price: Athleisure wear should not cost you as much as a custom suit (even if you will get much more wear out of it). Luckily, most of our favorite brands are quite affordable — so much so that you may consider replacing your whole closet.
No matter which of our favorite athleisure brands you choose, we’re sure that you’ll be comfortable and look great while you’re at it.
Here are the best athleisure brands for men:
- Best athleisure brand overall: Nike
- Best comfortable athleisure: Vuori
- Best affordable athleisure: Uniqlo
- Best odor-resistant athleisure: Rhone
- Best classic athleisure brand for men: Adidas
- Best vintage-style athleisure: Todd Snyder
- Best work-appropriate athleisure brand: Public Rec
Updated on 9/22/2020 by Amir Ismael: Updated prices and links.