President Donald Trump insisted he is not to blame for
Cesar Sayoc Jr., the Florida man who was arrested in connection
to the package bombs that were sent to top Democrats and
- Sayoc is believed to have
been an avid Trump supporter who also sent threats to critics
of the Trump administration.
Asked by reporters on Friday if he believed he was to
blame, Trump responded: “No, not at all.”
- Trump added that prior to the discovery of the mailed
explosives, Republicans “had tremendous momentum” in the midterm
President Donald Trump insisted he was not to blame after a
Florida man was arrested in connection to the spate
explosive devices that were sent to numerous high profile
Asked by reporters on Friday if he believed he was to blame,
Trump responded: “No, not at all.”
“There’s no blame. There’s no anything,” Trump said.
“If you look at what happened to Steve Scalise, that was from a
supporter of a different party,” Trump added, referring to
Republican Rep. Steve Scalise of Louisiana, who was
shot by a political activist during a congressional baseball
practice in 2017. “If you look at what happened on — numerous of
these incidents, they were supporters of others.”
Trump noted that prior to this week’s discovery of explosives
that were sent to Democratic lawmakers and critics of the Trump
administration, Republicans “had tremendous momentum” for the
“And then, of course, this happened,” Trump said. “Where all that
you people talked about was that. And rightfully so. It was a big
“But now we have to start the momentum again,” Trump added. “I
think the Republicans have tremendous momentum — when you think
of Judge Kavanaugh, when you think of all the things that have
Since Wednesday, law-enforcement officials intercepted 13 mail
bombs that were sent to the residences of Bill and Hillary
Clinton, former President Barack Obama, the offices of Democratic
Reps. Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Maxine Waters, and other Trump
Another suspicious package
intended for the billionaire philanthropist George Soros was
intercepted earlier this week.
No injuries have been reported as of Friday.
On Friday, 56-year-old Cesar Sayoc Jr. was
arrested in connection with sending the explosive devices.
Sayoc is believed to have been an ardent supporter of the Trump
administration and was seen attending Trump’s campaign rallies in
suspected social media accounts also appeared to send
threatening messages to Trump’s critics.