Deontay Wilder said Tyson Fury originally suggested the bout that is set to take place between the pair in February next year as the heavyweight pair prepare to go head to head again.
The last bout between the two in Los Angeles in 2018 ended in a controversial split draw, and it looks likely the next fight will once again be on American soil.
Wilder added that he is also keen to take on the winner of Andy Ruiz Jr and Anthony Joshua’s second fight, which will take place in Saudi Arabia on December 7, but claimed he will wait to be approached first.
Speaking to Tha Boxing Voice Wilder said on a potential fight with Ruiz or Joshua: “I would do that, but we’re not going to beg nobody to do nothing.
“I’m a warrior, bro. I’m a king, and my mentality is savage. If so be it. If the man wants to get his ass whooped in the ring then so be it. I tried to give him another road.
“And I tried to give him what he talked about the first time when he said, ‘Why don’t you and Joshua fight, and I can come back.’
“I’m only giving him what he asked for. Most of these guys get what they ask for.”
Wilder is also being tipped to take on Luis Ortiz before the end of this year and has assured fans the match will go ahead despite little news about the details so far.
He added: “It’ll be coming soon, and they’ll have a date and place where it’ll be at. So no one has to worry.
“Yeah, you can look for an announcement around that time [of September 28] for sure for people to get their arrangements in order for them to book their flights and hotels, and get everything situated.”