KC Chiefs Cut Kareem Hunt Over Video of Him Brutalizing Woman

Kareem Hunt

Cut by the Chiefs for Brutalizing Woman on Video

… Team Says He Lied

EXCLUSIVE

6:27 PM PT — Hunt just made a statement to ESPN about our video, saying, “I want to apologize for my actions. I deeply regret what I did. I hope to move on from this.”

5:50 PM PT — The Chiefs have cut Kareem Hunt, and say he lied to the team when they spoke directly to him about the incident. 

The team says when the NFL and Cleveland PD launched their investigations the team called in Hunt and “several members of our management team spoke directly to him. Kareem was not truthful in those discussions. The video released today confirms that fact.”

A source connected to the NFL investigation tells TMZ … the league made multiple attempts to obtain the video, but was turned away. We’re told the league contacted the hotel, and was told it is corporate policy to only turn surveillance video over to law enforcement.

We contacted the Metropolitan at The 9 and COO Tony Quintal says, “We realize that this is an ongoing investigation and cannot share any additional information at this time.”

We’re told the NFL also contacted Cleveland PD attempting to get the video, but was also denied. The source says the league’s investigation included reaching out to the alleged victim, who did not respond.

5:26 PM PT — The NFL just announced Hunt’s been placed on the commissioner exempt list and will NOT practice, play or attend games. The NFL added, “The NFL’s investigation, which began immediately following the incident in February, will include a review of the new information that was made public today.”

1:33 PM PT — Hunt has reportedly been sent home from the Chiefs’ practice facility, according to ESPN’s Dan Graziano. 

He reports Hunt will likely be placed on the commissioner’s exempt list — which means he will probably not play this Sunday when the Chiefs take on the Raiders in Oakland. 

TMZ Sports has obtained video of Kansas City Chiefs star running back Kareem Hunt shoving, bull-rushing and kicking a woman in a Cleveland hotel back in February. 

Kareem has not missed a single game this season despite the incident happening MONTHS before the 2018 NFL season kicked off … and team CEO Clark Hunt publicly stated in August he doubted Hunt would be suspended.

In the video, Hunt is seen arguing with a 19-year-old woman outside of his room at The Metropolitan at the 9 at 3:22 AM on February 10, 2018. 

Hunt turns a corner and confronts the woman, shoving her hard. The woman strikes him back in the face … and that’s when Hunt goes berserk.

As friends try to hold him back, the 2017 Pro Bowler — who led the league in rushing yards — explodes and knocks one of his friends into the woman … who both go flying into a wall. 

Both Kareem’s male friend and the woman appear dazed — but Kareem makes his way over to the female and kicks her while she’s crouching on the ground … knocking her over. 

Police were called to the scene but no arrests were made. According to police reports, obtained by TMZ Sports, surveillance video from the hotel was obtained by law enforcement. We’re told that video is part of the evidence that was submitted to prosecutors. 

Still, cops did not arrest Hunt and no charges were filed because officers say they were unable to determine if a crime had been committed. 

At the time of the incident, the woman told police the whole thing started because Kareem kicked her out of his room after she refused to hook up with one of the men in Kareem’s entourage. 

Kareem’s friends told cops the woman had gone crazy when asked to leave and called Kareem the n-word … and then struck one of Kareem’s female friends once things turned physical.

Unclear why the NFL has not taken any action against Hunt. We reached out to the league to find out if they pursued the video. We also reached out to cops to find out if the NFL contacted them about the footage as well. 

The whole incident is reminiscent of the Ray Rice scandal when the NFL star knocked out his then-fiancee in a hotel elevator in Feb. 2014.

The NFL suspended him indefinitely — but only after TMZ Sports published the brutal knockout video from inside the elevator … video the NFL claimed they had not seen until our story. 

After the incident, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell acknowledged failures in the NFL’s investigative process and said they would overhaul their protocol

Since then, the NFL claims it has tried to be tougher on players accused of attacking women — most famously, the league suspended Ezekiel Elliott for 6 games in 2017 stemming from allegations he got physical with an ex-girlfriend in 2016. 

We reached out to the NFL for comment — so far, no word back. 

Originally Published — 11:33 AM PST

Source link

more recommended stories