- You can add OneDrive to the File Explorer in Windows by connecting your account to the computer.
- When you log into OneDrive on your PC, you’ll be asked to choose a OneDrive folder to connect to Windows.
- Adding OneDrive to your computer’s File Explorer will let you easily add or remove files from OneDrive.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Over the last few years, Microsoft has tightly integrated OneDrive, its cloud storage service, into Windows. Using OneDrive used to be a cumbersome pain — now, OneDrive is built right into Windows, and can be used automatically.
As soon as you install OneDrive on a PC and set up your account, you should see OneDrive and all its subfolders in the File Explorer.
Here’s how to make sure OneDrive will appear.
How to add OneDrive to the File Explorer
To see your OneDrive files in the File Explorer, you need to link your computer to your OneDrive account.
1. Click the Start search box and type “OneDrive.” When OneDrive appears in the search results, click it.
2. Enter the email address that’s associated with your OneDrive account and click “Sign in,” and then enter your password. If you don’t have a OneDrive account, you’ll need to make one.
3. Follow the instructions to choose your OneDrive folder. If you’ve previously signed into OneDrive on this PC, you might have an existing OneDrive folder. In that case, you can click “Use this folder.”
When you’re done, your OneDrive files will appear in File Explorer. You can now move files in and out of OneDrive easily.