Signal, the increasingly popular messaging app, is one of the simplest and more secure messaging apps on the market. Through encryption, it protects your chats so no one can eavesdrop or intercept your messages.
And like other messaging apps, you can chat one-on-one, or create group chats.
Setting up group chats with your friends and colleagues is a cinch. Adding an additional person to that chat is even easier.
How to add someone to a Signal chat
1. Launch Signal and open the group chat, and then tap its name at the top of the screen.
2. Scroll down and select “Add Members.”
3. Search for a contact in your address book, or type in a number. If they don’t have Signal, they’ll receive a text message inviting them to download it.
4. Select “Update” if you’re an iPhone user, or “Done” if using Android.
5. Tap “Add Member” on iOS. Select “OK” to confirm on Android.
How to remove someone from a Signal chat
Only chat Admins can remove members. By default, the only Admin will be the person who created the group chat.
1. Open the group chat and tap the group’s name at the top of the screen.
2. Tap on a group member’s name.
3. Select “Remove from Group” and tap “Remove.”