- To embed a Vimeo video on another webpage, you’ll need to get the video’s embed code.
- You can find a Vimeo video’s embed code by clicking the “Share” button right next to it.
- Not all Vimeo videos can be embedded on any website, and not all videos will look the same when embedded.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Vimeo is a video platform, much like YouTube, that allows users to watch and share videos with each other online.
Compared to YouTube, which offers every video under the sun, Vimeo’s library tends to be more polished and professional — so it’s not hard to find a Vimeo video you might want to share with others.
Embedding a Vimeo video is a simple way to share that video with users of another site. When you put the embedded video on your site, users can view it directly from your page, instead of having to go to Vimeo.
Here’s how to embed Vimeo videos.
How to embed a Vimeo video
Before you embed videos, note that not every video can be embedded anywhere. Premium Vimeo users can pick and choose where their their videos can be embedded — that might not include your favorite sites.
These users can also choose what they want their videos to look like when embedded. So not every embedded video will look the same.
1. Go to Vimeo, and find the video you want to embed. There, click the “Share” button on the right side of the video — it looks like a paper airplane.
2. At the bottom of the pop-up that opens, you’ll see an “Embed” header, underneath which is the embed code. You can copy this code right away, or click “Show Options” to the right of the “Embed” header.
- If you click “Show Options,” you’ll be able to choose how you want the embed to appear and function on your site. Whenever you make a change here, you’ll have to re-copy the code.
3. Go to the site you want to embed the video onto, and paste the code into the appropriate spot. Depending on which site it is, and how the site is built, the way you do this will differ.