- Joe Biden has been projected to win the 2020 presidential election, defeating President Trump.
- His wife, Dr. Jill Biden, has emerged as one of his most forceful surrogates.
- She has campaigned tirelessly alongside him throughout his 2020 election and has been his anchor throughout his decades-long political career.
- She is a committed educator, who has continued teaching English throughout Joe Biden’s tenure as Vice President and plans to keep her job after moving into the White House.
- Scroll down to learn more about First Lady-elect, Jill Biden.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Dr. Jill Biden is the First Lady-elect after her husband, Joe, won the 2020 presidential election.
She has not only campaigned tirelessly alongside him throughout the victorious race but has also supported Joe throughout his decades-long political career.
Though Jill is a passionate supporter of her husband, she is also fiercely independent.
She worked as an English teacher throughout Joe’s tenure as Vice President from 2009 to 2017, becoming the first known Second Lady to work full time while serving alongside her husband.
The Bidens, married for 43 years, have endured a series of highs and lows — from his vice presidency to the 2015 death of her stepson Beau Biden from brain cancer.
Here is a look inside the life of First Lady-elect, Jill Biden.