One of the London Eye‘s iconic pods is set to be transformed into a mini pub, as the world-famous attraction celebrates its 20th anniversary.
Visitors heading to The King Vic will be able to sip on a pint of ale in a quintessentially British pub setting, while taking in views of the capital.
However, the pub will only be open for three days, between the 6th-9th March, with entry tickets costing £10 on the London Eye website.
In fact, it’s just one of 19 experiences which the London Eye has created in partnership with Lastminute.com to mark the landmark’s 20th birthday.
At the moment the transformations haven’t been created but we’ve had a sneak preview of what’s on offer thanks to concept art released by the attraction.
Other immersive pods will include a West End theatre-themed pod complete with performances from iconic musicals, a lavish garden party with heaps of breathtaking flowers in a tribute to London’s eight Royal Parks, and even a throne room where guests can sit on the thrones while posing for a selfie with the Madame Tussauds Queen Elizabeth figure.
There will also be plenty of experiences on offer within the various pods including pampering sessions, cocktail masterclasses, a story-telling corner, spinning lessons and a silent disco.
(You can check out the full list of experiences below).
The tickets for the exclusive experiences are £10, and you can already book them online although you’ll want to be quick as they’re on a first come, first served basis and we reckon they could sell out quickly.
All proceeds will be donated to children’s charity Merlin’sMagic Wand, which looks to make Merlin attractions accessible to children facing serious illness, disability or adversity.
Sunny Jouhal, General Manager at the lastminute.com London Eye, said: “Over the last 20 years the London Eye has established itself as an iconic ‘must-do’ attraction for anyone visiting the city, and a world-famous part of London’s skyline.
“We’re thrilled to be giving everyone the chance to come and celebrate this momentous birthday milestone with us.
“From a West End stage to an East End pub in a pod, we’re ready to get the party started in true London Eye style.”
Full list of London Eye pod experiences
- A garden party like no other : an immersive experience full of flowers and fauna celebrating the city’s eight Royal Parks.
- There’s no business like show business : A West End style theatre with performances from some of the most iconic musicals.
- Air to the throne: Pose for a selfie with the Madame Tussauds Queen Elizabeth figure on her throne.
- The King Vic: sip on a pint of ale while taking in the views from this quintessentially British pub.
- Say hello to the sunrise: Triyoga will be hosting yoga rotations for early morning risers
- Afternoon tea: A tongue-in-cheek take on a high end 80s dinner party, paired with Beefeater Gin cocktails.
- Cockails All Round: Watch the sun set with a gin cocktail in our tiki bar, specifically curated by The Mixologist Brothers.
- The Ultimate Kids Birthday Party : Aimed at children aged 4-10 years old, this pod will include face painting, balloon animals and party entertainment.
- Eye on the Pride: celebrate the LGBTQ+ community while being entertained by the best Drag Acts in the city.
- The Pamper Pod: Enjoy a blow LTD express manicure including a file and shape, and one of their on-trend OPI colours.
- Sweet Treat Pod: Expect plenty of delicious treats on board.
- Disco in the Sky: The unique playlist lets you bring your best party moves and dance above the skyline in this silent disco.
- Fancy Flights: take in the views with a celebratory glass of fizz and accompanying canapés.
- Just Keep Spinning: Take your spin class to new heights with Boom Cycle Waterloo, with six rides available early morning and during lunchtime on Monday 9th March.
- Get crafty: Enjoy a selection of vibrant and flavourful craft beers from independent Hackney-based brewery, The Five Points Brewing Company.
- The Sunday Sessions: music stars from Busk in London will be entertaining guests with live performances.
- Storytime with Hamleys: Bring little ones to experience London-based stories like Paddington Bear being brought to life.
- Let’s get Classical: enjoy a special performance by a string quartet from the London Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Big Birthday Pod: Prepare to enter an ultimate Instagram zone, filled with endless selfie opportunities, colourful balloons and party poppers in our very own special birthday pod on Monday 9th March.