- Nintendo Switch is the handheld, take-anywhere Nintendo gaming console that also plugs into the TV.
- We’re comparing prices across retailers to find the best Black Friday deals on the Nintendo Switch console, games, and accessories.
- The best deal we know of so far is a Nintendo Switch Mario Kart 8 bundle for $299.99 from Best Buy. This is the same deal we saw last year, and the bundle includes the first generation of the Nintendo Switch. We don’t know of any deals on the second generation Switch yet.
- To potentially save more on Black Friday sales, visit Business Insider Coupons to find the most up-to-date Walmart coupons and promo codes.
So far, we don’t know of any Black Friday deals on the newest version of the Nintendo Switch, but we do know that Best Buy will be offering the same Nintendo Switch and Mario Kart 8 bundle that was on sale last year for $299.99.
There’s also a pretty good chance, amidst buzz online, that the newest version of the Nintendo Switch will go on sale, too, but we don’t have confirmation yet. Stay tuned in the meantime, and we’ll update as we know more.
Will the Nintendo Switch go on sale for Black Friday?
Word on the web is that the Nintendo Switch console will be on sale as it was last year, though it will be an older model (that is, the same 2017 model that was on offer last year). This is likely because Nintendo has too much surplus stock of the old model. This older model has a shorter battery life than the newer 2018 model, but the $300 bundle comes with a free $60-value download of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
If you are only after the 2018 model, the 2017 and 2018 consoles look almost exactly the same. To make sure you’re not mistakenly buying the older model, make sure of the model number, HAC-001(-01), and also check the serial number, which should start with “XKW.”
We’ll update you as soon as we find out if the newer model of the Nintendo Switch will be on sale.
Will the Nintendo Switch Lite be on sale for Black Friday?
Probably not. The Nintendo Switch Lite is a brand-new release and was already designed as the more budget-conscious version of the Switch. It’s unlikely we’ll see it on sale this year, but we’ll let you know if we find it discounted anywhere.
What Nintendo Switch games will be on sale for Black Friday?
So far, according to a press release from Nintendo, several Mario games, as well as The Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Splatoon 2, Octopath Traveler, and more will be on sale at several major retailers starting November 27.
Will the Nintendo Switch price drop in 2019?
Judging from what we’ve seen since last year, probably not until a new model is released with even better battery life, but rumors abound of a Switch 2 to be released soon.
The best current Nintendo Switch deals
- Target is currently offering discounts on select Nintendo Switch games
- Twelve-month Switch Online subscription, available at Target for $15
Nintendo Switch deals we expect to see for Black Friday (starting November 27)
- Nintendo Switch + Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundle, $299.99 (originally $359.98) [you save $59.99]
- Super Mario Odyssey, $39.99 (originally $59.99) [you save $20]
- Super Mario Party, $39.99 (originally $59.99) [you save $20]
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, $39.99 (originally $59.99) [you save $20]
- Splatoon 2, $39.99 (originally $59.99) [you save $20]
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Breeze, $39.99 (originally $59.99) [you save $20]
- Mario Tennis Aces, $39.99 (originally $59.99) [you save $20]
- Kirby Star Allies, $39.99 (originally $59.99) [you save $20]
- Octopath Traveler, $39.99 (originally $59.99) [you save $20]
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, $39.99 (originally $59.99) [you save $20]
- Pair of Joy-Con controllers (Gray or Neon Red & Neon Blue), $59.99 (originally $79.99) [you save $20]
- Poké Ball Plus accessory, $19.99 (originally $49.99) [you save $30] [deal begins November 28]
How we selected the best deals on Nintendo Switch consoles, games, and accessories:
- We only chose products that meet our high standard of coverage, and that we’ve either used ourselves or researched carefully.
- We compared the prices against other retailers like Best Buy and Target’s and only included the deals that are the same or better (not including promotional discounts that come from using certain credit cards).
- All deals are at least 20% off, with the occasional exception for products that are rarely discounted or provide an outsized value.