Any Brits returning from the island after 4am on Sunday 18th October will not be required to quarantine for 14 days.
When the travel giant re-launched as an online travel agent earlier this year, it said that it would only sell holidays to destinations where the Foreign Office does not advise against travel.
Unfortunately, this means it will be removing Italy holidays from its programme at the moment, as the country is now on the quarantine list, and the FCDO advises against all non-essential travel. (This also applies to Vatican City state and San Marino).
A spokesperson for Thomas Cook said: “The removal of Italy is a real blow for UK holidaymakers, especially with half-term on the horizon.
“Italy is one of our most popular destinations but hopefully the British public will find some consolation in being able to once again fly to Crete quarantine-free. Greece is another of our most popular destinations so this is a boost for anyone looking to book a last-minute break and soak up some well-deserved sunshine.”
The brand recently committed to offering full refunds within 14 days to customers affected by changes in travel advice.
It said that when advice does change to a destination and a customer’s holiday is cancelled, Thomas Cook will try and find alternatives for the holidaymaker. Should these not work, they will offer a full refund within 14 days.
You can find out more on ThomasCook.com.
We also have a guide explaining what travel advice changes mean for your holiday, including your rights to getting your money back in this circumstance.
- Travel restrictions are volatile during the pandemic, so you should always check the latest FCDO advice for your destination before planning, booking or going on a trip.