Once Christmas is over it can all start to feel a little miserable, firstly the presents have stopped and it’s not socially acceptable to eat cheese all day anymore.
So if you’ve been wanting to give yourself something to look forward to then may we suggest a cheap ticket to a West End show. First there’s plenty of great shows ready for you to watch, and thanks to offficallondontheatre.com‘s New Year Sale you can grab a ticket from as little as £10.
They’ve reduced a number of huge shows to £10, £20, £30 and £40, all you have to do is choose your show for the New Year. You can choose tickets here.
There’s huge musical hits such as Disney’s Aladdin, Bat Out Of Hell, Dreamgirls and even top plays such as The Curious Incident of The Dog in the Night Time, The Price, The Play that Goes Wrong and more.
There’s even a number of festive classics such as Simon Callow in A Christmas Carol, and Dick Whittington if you’re not ready to give up the Christmas spirit.
Theatre fans will have to be quick though, as these prices are only available in the New Year, and well if you’re considering putting down the booze for a Dry January then a cheap theatre ticket is a great option.
Alternatively if you’re not free in January, then it’s worth trying these top tips to help you nab cheap theatre tickets to a hit West End show:
- Showfilmfirst members can get free access to invite-only events and previews based on their preferences. But non-members can also get exclusive tickets by registering their interest online . It’s often new shows however right now you can get Book of Mormon tickets, Kinky Boots and Tom Hiddleston’s Betrayal for £20 .
- Look for discounts and sale offers. Sites like discounttheatre.com and www.discount-london.com are regularly updated with all the latest offers.
- Book in advance. Especially true of big shows – try major outlets like londontheatredirect.com and Ticketmaster where pre-sale options are available.
- Go for a package. If you’re not based in London, this is a great budget friendly way to enjoy a cultured night out. Lastminute.com , Virgin Experience Days and superbreaks.com all offer dining and theatre packages at various price points, allowing you to tailor the experience to suit you.
- The Audience Club lets you discover new venues all over London and get tickets to first nights and previews of plays and concerts to help promote them. Membership is free but you pay £5.00 to the chosen charity.