Trump adviser Jason Miller says rally COVID-19 protocol won’t change

  • Senior adviser to Donald Trump’s reelection campaign Jason Miller told CNN’s Ana Cabrera on Sunday that campaign rally protocol will continue to be the same after Trump recovers from COVID-19.
  • He said the campaign would continue to take attendees’ temperatures, provide face masks, and hand out hand sanitizer.
  • Photos from previous Trump’s rallies, however, show little social distancing, and few people wearing masks.
  • Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.

Senior adviser to Donald Trump’s reelection campaign Jason Miller said that COVID-19 protocol at rallies wouldn’t change despite the president’s recent hospitalization due to the virus.

Miller spoke to CNN’s Ana Cabrera on Sunday about campaign rallies that would take place after Trump recovers from the virus, saying the same protocols that were in place before Trump tested positive for COVID-19 would continue.

He said the campaign would still take attendees’ temperatures, provide face masks, and give out hand sanitizer.

“You know what, that’s been a very safe and responsible thing to do,” Miller told CNN. “That’s what we’ve done from the beginning of this.”

Photos and videos from previous Trump rallies, however, show attendees flouting social distancing guidelines and avoiding wearing masks.

Throughout the pandemic, health experts have urged people to wear face masks, encouraged social distancing, and said those who test positive for COVID-19 should isolate from others to help prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus.

Earlier on Sunday, Miller told ABC’s “This Week” that he believed Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden “used the mask as a prop,” and wore it when he didn’t need to.

“But also we’ve seen with Joe Biden, we can’t all just stay in our basement for the rest of our lives,” Miller added. “We have to get out there and live our lives and take this on, develop the vaccine, develop more therapeutics, and defeat it.”

The Trump campaign briefly canceled in-person rallies at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic in March, but the president restarted the events over the summer.

Trump tested positive for COVID-19 last week and spent the weekend hospitalized at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

After representatives for the administration and Walter Reed issued contrary descriptions of the president’s condition over the past few days, Trump surprised supporters outside the facility with a public drive-by on Sunday.

He was criticized by a doctor at Walter Reed, who accused Trump of putting the lives of Secret Service agents at risk for the sake of “political theater.”

Loading Something is loading.

source.

more recommended stories



LuvNaughty | We're here to get you off LiL VAPE | Home of the vapour Latest Media News | Stay updated with us The Lazy Days | Procrastinate right