‘We Owe Them,’ Biden Says Of Veterans

new video loaded: ‘We Owe Them,’ Biden Says Of Veterans

transcript

transcript

‘We Owe Them,’ Biden Says Of Veterans

The Democratic presidential nominee, Joseph R. Biden Jr., gave an impassioned speech contrasting his experience interacting with veterans to President Trump’s.

Less than 1 percent of the population of our country chooses to serve our country in the military. Less than 1 percent risk everything to defend our nation, our values and everything we hold dear. And the other 99 percent of us, we owe them — we owe them our thanks, our gratitude and our respect. In my view, based on reports and interviews, President Trump has proven he’s unfit to hold the office of the presidency, time and again, but nowhere are his faults more glaring and more offensive, to me at least, then when it comes to his denigration of our servicemembers — veterans, wounded warriors, the fallen. Quite frankly — I won’t say — quite frankly, it makes me very upset the way he gets in front of a camera and crows about how much he has done for veterans, and then turns around and insults our servicemembers and fallen heroes when the camera’s off. Calls them “suckers” and “losers.” But we can do so much better than we’re doing now. We have an obligation to do so much better. We have to help our heroes understand that it’s an honorable thing to do, and take strength to reach out and ask for help if they’re suffering from unseen wounds. They’re so accustomed to being asked not to ask for anything. We have to end the stigma surrounding mental health treatment.

Recent episodes in 2020 Elections

Catch up on the latest news from the 2020 campaign trail.

Catch up on the latest news from the 2020 campaign trail.

source.



LuvNaughty | We're here to get you off LiL VAPE | Home of the vapour Latest Media News | Stay updated with us The Lazy Days | Procrastinate right